Main Pages: [
NWRA Space Weather Services Home |
SpaWx Indices Home |
Scintillation Home |
Scintillation Services Home |
F10/Ap Forecasts |
SSN Comparison |
24hr SSNe |
Indices Table |
This page provides access to plots of several indices of solar and
geomagnetic activity that are frequently used as inputs to space-weather
models. Brief definitions of each of the indices plotted are as follows:
Additional information defining the various indices are included with
the expanded plots that are obtained by clicking on the "button"
versions of the plots on this page. References for the various indices
are listed at the end of each page of expanded plots.
- F10.7 - Solar radio noise flux at a wavelength of 10.7 cm;
- GPS-derived F10.7 - F10.7 value derived from GPS IONO coefficients;
- SSNe - Effective sunspot number derived from ionospheric measurements;
- SWS T index - Ionospheric index derived from ionospheric measurements;
- Ap - Daily global index of geomagnetic activity (preliminary).
- Kp - 3-hour global index of geomagnetic activity (preliminary).
- Qe - Effective Q index (auroral activity index).
Near Real-Time Plots
Plots of Daily Indices
The data shown in these plots came from the following sources:
If you would like to get a feel for how effective these effective-SSN
indices are, foF2 plots comparing the observations with model foF2
values calculated using the NWRA SSNE and SWS T values are available.
There is a one-day delay between the latest SSNe values available and
these plots to permit more data to arrive at the NOAA SWPC for comparison.
If you are interested in further information regarding ionospheric
radio propagation, the Radio Society of Great Britain Propagation Studies Committee
has a large collection of links to things propagational.
NWRA Space Weather Links
Space Weather Home Page |
Scintillation Home Page
About NWRA |
Research Areas |
How to contact NWRA
Copyright © 1996-2019 NorthWest Research Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.